M. Keith Head, O.D. Biography
Glaucoma Management, Diabetic Exams, Retinal Issues
Hurst and Ft. Worth
Dr. M. Keith Head, O.D., officially joined the Texas Eye and Laser Center on June 18th, 2012. He is certified by the Texas Board of Optometry as a therapeutic optometrist and is a certified optometric glaucoma specialist.
Born in Beaumont, TX, he stayed in state to complete his Bachelor of Science from Texas A&M University in College Station. Dr. Head left the state in 2008 to attend The Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, TN. He completed an Externship at Columbus Eye Associates in Whiteville, N.C. Dr. Head returned to Texas in January of 2012 as part of the Texas Eye and Laser Center team completing a second externship at our Hurst location while obtaining his doctoral degree with honors from The Southern College of Optometry.
Dr. Head routinely manages glaucoma, pre- and post-op care of LASIK and cataract patients, diabetic eye exams, and retinal issues. He is a member of the Texas and American Optometric Associations and Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honor Society. Outside of Texas Eye and Laser Center, Dr. Head can usually be found exploring the great outdoors or playing a round of golf.
- Doctor of Optometry, The Southern College of Optometry, Completed May 2012
- Bachelor of Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, Completed May 2007
- Externship at Columbus Eye Associates, Whiteville, N.C., September 2011-December 2011
- Student Doctor at The Eye Center at SCO, Memphis, TN, September 2010-September 2011
- Externship at Texas Eye and Laser Center, Hurst, TX, January 2012-June 2012
- Therapeutic Optometrist, Texas Eye and Laser Center, Hurst, Texas, June 2012-present
- American Optometric Association
- Texas Optometric Association
- Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honors Society