Fort Worth & Hurst Optometrist
Routine Exams, Diabetic Exams, Glaucoma Management
Dr. D’Laine Heisterkamp joined Texas Eye and Laser Center in September of 2017. She is a therapeutic optometrist and an optometric glaucoma specialist, certified by the Texas Board of Optometry. She is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry.
She grew up in Arlington, Texas until moving to Austin to attend the University of Texas, where she graduated magna cum laude and received a Bachelor of Science in biology. She then attended the University of Houston College of Optometry and earned her Doctorate of Optometry in May of 2016.
After graduation from optometry school, she elected to do an additional year of training by completing a residency in ocular disease and refractive surgery comanagement at the Eye Center of Texas in Houston, Texas. In 2018 she completed the requirements to become a Fellow in the American Academy of Optometry.
In her free time, she enjoys being active in the outdoors, seeing movies, and spending time with friends and family.
- Doctor of Optometry, University of Houston College of Optometry Completed May 2016
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of Texas, Austin, Texas, Completed May 2012
- Residency in Ocular Disease and Refractive Surgery Co-Management, Eye Center of Texas, Houston, Texas
- Externship in primary care/specialty contact lenses at Plaza Vision Center, Dallas, Texas
- Externship in primary care/ocular disease at Cedar Springs Eye Clinic, Dallas, Texas
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- FERV Phieffer Academic Scholarship
- Beta Sigma Kappa (BSK) Honor Society Member
- Doctors of Texas State Optical Scholarship
Leadership and Volunteer
- Teaching Assistant for Clinic Procedures Lab I and II
- SVOSH Optometric Mission Trip in Guerrero, Mexico
- Special Olympics Vision Screenings
- American Academy of Optometry
- Texas Optometric Association
- American Optometric Association