FORT WORTH & HURST EYE DOCTOR
Laser Refractive Surgery Cataract Surgery, Cornea and Anterior Segment Diseases, Glaucoma, Diabetic Exams, Comprehensive Ophthalmology
Hurst & Ft. Worth, TX
Scott A. Cherne, MD, a graduate of the Loma Linda University School of Medicine, has been practicing ophthalmology in Eugene, Oregon since 1989. As a board-certified ophthalmologist, Dr. Cherne pioneered the LASIK procedure in Oregon, being the first to perform the procedure in central and southern Oregon. He has perfected his cataract and LASIK surgical techniques over his close to thirty-year career as an ophthalmic surgeon performing over 20,000 Lasik procedures and over 20,000 cataract surgeries.
Dr. Cherne also performs a variety of corneal transplant procedures including DSAEK (Descemets Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty), being the second in Oregon do so in 2005. He was able to be the first eye surgeon in the world to perform an Eye Bank Association of America pre-cut DSAEK corneal transplant.
Additionally, Dr. Cherne was a pioneer developing a unique DSAEK technique. He has presented his technique at the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s annual meetings as well as several other international eye surgery meetings around the world. His unique technique results in virtually 100% of his DSAEK transplants adhering without subsequent manipulations or surgeries — the most common problem of the DSAEK procedure as performed by other surgeons.
Advanced small incision and no-patch Cataract surgery is another passion of Dr. Cherne’s. He works diligently to see that each eye of every patient is individualized and dealt with in a way that optimizes the visual outcome. Specialty replacement lens implants to treat astigmatism, along with lens implants that can give both near and far vision in the same eye, are options that Dr. Cherne can provide.
While staying on top of the latest surgical techniques and taking advantage of the latest technology is a must for Dr. Cherne, a devoted, professional and caring staff makes his work a lot more enjoyable and complete.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Top 100 LASIK Surgeons – Laservision Corporation 2003-2009
- Top 50 LASIK Practices – Laservision Corporation 2002-2009
- Under tutelage of Stephen Slade, M.D. Shanghai, China. Second Ophthalmologist in Oregon to perform LASIK
- Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California 1986-1989
- Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California 1985-1986
- Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California 1981-1985
- Southern College, Collegedale, TN. Cum Laude. President of graduating class 1980
- Newbold College, International Exchange Graduate Studies, Berkshire, England
- Arizona, California, Oregon and Texas
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital HEB – Credentialing Pending
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Oregon Academy of Ophthalmology
- Lane County Medical Society
- No-stitch, drop anesthesia, nano-incision cataract surgery
- Advanced Lifestyle Implants
- Blade-free, wavefront-guided custom IntraLASIK
- Implantable contact lens: Visian ICL
- Sutureless endothelial cornea transplants
- Low-recurrence, no-stitch pterygium surgery
- Full-spectrum corneal surgeries: penetrating keratoplasty (PK), superficial keratectomy (SK), phototherapeutic keratotomy (PTK), etc
- Glaucoma: medical and laser treatments
- Diabetes: medical and laser treatments
- Dry eyes
- 2010 Investigating Surgeon for Artificial Iris Study
- 2005 First Ophthalmologist worldwide to perform DSAEK corneal transplant surgery using EBAA (Eye Bank Association of American) pre-cut tissue.
- 1996 Investigator for a National LASIK Study:
- “Steroids vs. No Steroids in Postoperative Care” Principal Site: Phillips Eye Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota