CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) NOTICE TO PATIENTS
We are keeping up with and following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); the World Health Organization (WHO); American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), as well as other professional societies; and state and local health departments.
- Our primary duty is to safeguard the health and well-being of our patients and staff by preventing the spread of infection in our offices. We are continuously monitoring, reviewing and improving our response as the situation evolves.
- Every patient and employee is required to wear a mask at all times in the office.
- We are routinely sanitizing high-traffic and high-touch areas. We are practicing safe hand hygiene in all our clinics. We are proactively alerting patients who are ill, exposed to COVID-19 or those who have recently visited high-risk countries to reschedule appointments.
- Waiting room chairs have been spread out to help comply with social distancing and we are disinfecting the chairs we are using throughout the day. You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee, cookies, snacks or popcorn or other items that are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have added the use of ultraviolet lights to sanitize the air, testing equipment and all surfaces.
- We have performed a deep cleaning process using EPA-Approved Hospital-Grade cleaning solution which has decontamination standards set by the CDC.
- All patients are required to wear a mask and use hand-sanitizing gel (or hand-washing) upon entering our building.
Texas Eye and Laser Center